- Computational Journalism: leverage computing to help preserving public interest journalism.
- PQ: perturbation analysis of database queries.
- Cumulon: simplifying the development and deployment of statistical analysis programs in the cloud with automatic optimization and provisioning.
- Flex: a platform for experiment-driven system management.
- Proteus: a practical and rigorous toolkit for private data analysis
- Ques: querying and controlling systems. DIADS is subproject looking specifically at the integrated management of database and storage systems.
- Starfish: a self-tuning system for big data analytics.
- RIOT: transparently bringing scalability and I/O-efficiency to statistical computing with R; i.e., no need to rewrite your R code! 2009-2014.
- DDDAS: dynamic data-driven environmental sensor network in Duke Forest (collaboration with Duke School of the Environment). 2006-2012.
- ProSem: Internet-scale publish/subscribe unifying data processing and dissemination. 2007-2011.
- ERS: tracking and exploring lineage
in experimental and computational workflows for biomedical research (collaboration with Duke Center for Computational Immunology). 2005-2011.
- DDM: techniques and applications of maintaining various forms of derived
data (e.g., caches, replicas, indexes, materialized views, synopses).